On the 20 January 2011 a round-table discussion was held in the Estonian National Library in Tallinn on the EU visa-liberalization topic with countries of the Eastern Partnership. The event was organized by the Stefan Batory Foundation, Polish Embassy in Estonia, Estonian School of Diplomacy and Estonian Center of Eastern Partnership.
The raound-table was followed by an opening of a photo exhibition ‘Eastern Neighbours and Visas: Friendly Neighbourhood Relations?’ in the National Library's ground floor gallery.
EU visa-liberalization with countries of the Eastern Partnership
Tallinn, Estonian National Library, 20 January 2011, 10.00-13.00
10.00-11.30 – round-table
Dr Vahur Made, Estonian School of Diplomacy/Estonian Center of Eastern Partnership
· Prospects for progress of visa liberalization for countries of the Eastern Partnership
H. E. Grzegorz M. Poznański, Polish Ambassador to Estonia
· Hungarian Presidency in the Council of EU – a chance for visa liberalization?
H.E. József Vig, Hungarian Ambassador to Estonia
· The current state of play on visa liberalization with countries of the Eastern Partnership –– the main barriers to achieving a visa-free regime – an Estonian viewpoint
Mr Märt Volmer, Estonian Ministry for Foreign Affairs
· EU Visa Policies towards the Eastern Neighbours – view from Kiev
H.E. Viktor Kryzhanivsky, Ukrainian Ambassador to Estonia
· Liberalization of visa policy towards countries of the Eastern Partnership – view from Berlin
H. E. Martin Hanz, German Ambassador to Estonia
· The current state of discussions on visa liberalization with Moldova – the main barriers to achieving a visa-free regime – a Moldovan viewpoint
H.E. Victor Guzun, Moldovan Ambassador to Estonia
· What Non-Governmental Organisations can do to support visa liberalization process
Ms Anita Szymborska, Stefan Batory Foundation
11.30-12.30 - question time and general debate
12.30-13.00 – sum-up and conclusion
13.00-14.00 – official opening of the photo exhibition "Eastern Neighbours and Visas Friendly neighbourhood relations?"